Crieff And Comrie
The Grampian Club arranges monthly Day Meets 10 months of the year, usually on the second or third weekend. On each day meet there are different options for walks provided.
They are of varying grades, from easier low level walks to challenging mountain traverses. In the summer months the walks are often longer and there are often opportunities to do several munros in a day.
If Grampian Club Members have a route they would like to do on the day they can contact the day meet organiser to arrange this (note that the minimum number in a group is preferably 2 in the summertime and 3 in the winter time).
We travel by coach from Dundee, picking up in Perth when heading west. Members are expected to choose walks that are within their own physical capabilities and the Day Meets Team organise groups into parties of broadly similar ability.
There is a fee for the Day Meets coach (£16) which needs to be paid in advance at the time of booking, preferably via the online booking website, Entry Central, or by cheque.
Some possible routes (OS Maps 52 and 51):
- Newton Bridge traverse: Glen Almond, Auchnafree Hill & Ben Chonzie, Glen Lednock (22km/1300m, 6-7hrs)
- Glen Lednock to Glen Turret via Ben Chonzie, then Crieff (22km/880m, 6-7hrs)
- Glen Almond to Glen Turret via Auchnafree Hill, then Crieff (16km/600m, 5-6hrs)
- Glen Lednock, Ben Chonzie, Invergeldie Burn, Glen Lednock (13km/740m, 4-5hrs)
- Glen Lednock, Creag Uchdag and Corbett Tops circuit (18km/1005m, 5-7hrs)
- Shorter and lower level walks including The Knock; Deil’s Cauldron circuit; Lady Mary’s Walk and Laggan
Hill; Auchingarrich and Torlum Wood circuit.